Fleet Payment Solutions Provider Case Study
Timely response to previously unsuspected areas of customer dissatisfaction reversed growth decline.
Situation and Challenge
- The company experienced negative revenue growth due, they believed, to external market conditions
- We were asked to research the needs and satisfaction of key market segments to develop strategies for curbing revenue decline and achieving sustainable growth
- Used our The Nine Voices of the Market ® methodology for in-depth interviews with existing and lost customers, prospects, and competitor’s customers to understand their experience with the company, gain perspectives on the company’s products and services and identify unmet needs.
- Performed intensive internal data analysis and external benchmarking to understand headwinds and tailwinds to revenue growth
- Conducted executive and cross-functional interviews and workshops to develop a comprehensive picture of the company’s growth opportunities
- Identified focus areas to accelerate revenue growth, spanning customer service, sales force effectiveness, product development, and delivery, positioning, and communication
- Revised internal organization to provide enhanced product delivery and customer service to combat a key contributor to revenue decline – customer dissatisfaction
- Clarified communications and sales strategies around the fuel management value proposition and adopted a more proactive stance around sales and advisory services
- Focused short-term on product development to meet customer needs identified in key market segments
- Initiated additional reporting/analytic products and services and improved systems interfaces and data integration to position the company for long-term growth and leadership