Global Integrated Logistics Services Provider Case Study
Uniform account team roles, responsibilities and staffing cadres; improved segmentation; and, new management processes, metrics and cadence laid the foundation for reigniting growth.
Situation and Challenge
- After several years of strong growth, revenue was declining, particularly in some of the largest, strategic accounts
- Net new account revenues were not replacing the declining revenues
- Management asked Blue Ridge Partners to assess their structure, approach, and processes for engaging with their strategic accounts
- Conducted internal executive and sales personnel interviews to document the current account management approach across geographies
- Reviewed perceptions of current customers to the company’s approach
- Gathered and analyzed internal account management performance data
- Evaluated the compiled fact base versus our Strategic Account Management Effectiveness Framework and identified four broad action areas to reignite growth
- Developed a time-phased plan for designing and implementing detailed initiatives in the four action areas over the next four quarters
- Assisted the client in the first action area – developing and implementing the foundation for a new account management approach
- Refined management model with clear roles, responsibilities, and activities
- Defined resources needed to staff the new model
- Developed metrics and review cadence to manage account model processes effectively and hold the team accountable
- Improved segmentation, new management processes, metrics and cadence laid the foundation for reigniting growth.