Construction Equipment Rental Company
Situation and Challenge
- Revenue growth at the company lagged the industry and the private equity firm owners believed the valuation was depressed.
- A new CEO was hired and he asked Blue Ridge Partners to assess the performance of the company’s revenue engine and identify improvement potential
- Interviewed executive and sales personnel to provide context for the analyses and gain insights into the strategies and attitudes of the company
- Followed our 100 Behaviors of High Performing Revenue Engines™ scoring methodology to measure their revenue engine performance against best practices and identify specific areas of weakness
- Performed intensive internal data analysis to measure the company’s effectiveness in attracting new customers and penetrating existing customers
- Used our The Nine Voices of the Market ® interview approach to gather critical perspectives from the external market (customers, lost prospects, mystery shopping and others)
- Developed a fact set based upon the internal and external data which provided the foundation for analysis to identify and prioritize improvement initiatives
- Prepared a time-phased implementation and worked with the company to effect the changes and achieve the revenue growth improvements
- The Chairman and CEO noted “The Blue Ridge Partners team quickly analyzed our revenue environment, identified weaknesses, created an action plan we could all understand and helped us move decisively on the most critical opportunities. The results, in terms of revenue growth and earnings improvement, were very impressive to me and to my Board of Directors.”
- Shareholder value grew by over $250 million in 18 months as a result of our work.
See More Case Studies: